Friday, August 22, 2014

The Definition of Solidarity: Lakeland Faculty Association

This is what Solidarity looks like in a crisis:

Support from one of our adjunct professors


LFA President Micki Long

The signs show strong support from part-time (adjunct) professors

More of my Lakeland colleagues

My brilliant colleagues

Unanimous, enthusiastic support from full-time faculty members

I have never in my life been this close to striking. Luckily, I'm in the same boat as about 130 of my colleagues. And if there is a strike, everyone will be affected, the adjunct profs, the students, and other Lakeland employees. At Lakeland Community College we have the most brilliant collection of professionals in the area. We have the most democratic union I have ever seen, the LFA, Lakeland Faculty Association. I am so privileged to know these folks and to work with them. There is perfect unity here, perfect solidarity, incredible organization. We are ready for whatever happens.

No comments: