Saturday, May 3, 2014

2 Different Signs of the Holy Ghost: Cleveland Orchestra and Chorus; Mt. Zion Congregational Church UCC


A short video of the after-concert concert

Choir of Mt. Zion Congregational Church UCC, Cleveland

I thought I was in Church (but not my Catholic Church, alas)!

Cleveland Orchestra and Chorus, after Mozart's "Requiem"
Two extraordinary forms of Church last night at Cleveland's Severance Hall. The Cleveland Orchestra and Chorus performed Mozart's "Requiem," 140 voice chorus matched with about 60 members of the Cleveland Orchestra. And then after the concert, another concert, this one by the choir of nearby Mt. Zion Congregational Church, United Church of Christ. Their joyful, ecstatic singing (and movement) made me wonder why Catholic liturgies don't embrace such a thing. I wish this uplifting. almost rapturous experience could have been felt by our bishops!

No comments: