Friday, January 15, 2016
Petitions/Prayer of the Faithful for January 17, 2016
Ellen McHugh's Prayer of the Faithful for this coming Sunday at St. Mary's in Painesville, Ohio.
Prayer of the Faithful for January 17, 2016
Second Sunday in Ordinary Time
Celebrant: As we celebrate our coming together for the Eucharist, let us, dear sisters and brothers, approach the one God to voice all our needs.
· For the Church, and for this parish community: may we always recognize the gifts God has given each of us and encourage the gifts of one another for the good of our neighbor and the whole human family. We pray to the Lord.
· For a welcoming ecumenical spirit among churches, that we may bear joyful witness to the quest for Christian unity in Jesus’ name. We pray to the Lord.
· For people of all nations, races, and religions, that Martin Luther King’s dream of unity, peace and brotherly love be fulfilled among us. We pray to the Lord.
· For the poor, the unemployed, and the destitute, for immigrants and refugees, and for all who dedicate their lives in service to them. We pray to the Lord.
· and for their mothers and fathers: for mercy, peace and the loving embrace of Christ. We pray to the Lord.
· In this month dedicated to the Holy Name, we pray that each time we say, “Jesus” it is spoken as a perfect prayer, reflecting Your perfect love for us. We pray to the Lord.
· And for those for whom this Mass is offered [name them]. We pray to the Lord.
· Let us pause now and silently offer to the Father our own particular intentions [allow for silence. . .]. We pray to the Lord.
Celebrant: Gracious God, we believe that you will hear and respond to our sincere prayers, asked in the name of your Son, and in the power of your Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.