We had our 15th annual Poetry Month reading at Lakeland Community College last evening, Kathy Fink was emcee, and the featured readers were Bill French, me, Alynn Mahle, and Tobin Terry. Open microphone readers included Bob Speer, Joy Christianson, Robin Crawford, Christopher Franke, Suzanne Ondrus, and others. The open mic readers are all accomplished poets in their own right and could easily have been featured. I read the following poems:
- "Still Life, With Grand Babies" [a poem for Linda]
- "Thanksgiving for Companions" [a poem especially for Kathy Flora and my St. Mary's friends]
- "Dream Haiku in Three Languages" [in English, Irish, and German, for Linda]
- "Short Memory Needed in Lake and Geauga Counties" [about our late-late snows in Ohio's snowbelt]
- "Klara im Zwielicht" [a poem in German--for an old friend]
- "Blood Root" [a poem set in the spring rain at Holden Arboretum, with thanks to K.O.]
- "Lucky (Stones) at Mentor Headlands (1964)"