Thursday, February 18, 2016
Petitions/Prayer of the Faithful for February 21, 2016
Ellen McHugh has written these petitions for Sunday, February 21, 2016.
Prayer of the Faithful for February 21, 2016
Second Sunday of Lent
Celebrant: Trusting in the mercy and love of our God who walked among the poor, the vulnerable and the outcast, we voice our own petitions, asking for what we need, and for the needs of our sisters and brothers here and around the world, saying, “Lord, help us to be instruments of your peace.”
· As we continue our Lenten journey, we pray that our priests who accompany us to the mountain of Christ at every Mass and feed us with His transforming love in the sacraments, will be strengthened in their life and mission. We pray to the Lord.
· For all who live in the Holy Land; that all who draw faith from the witness of Abraham may work to bring forth a lasting and just peace. We pray to the Lord.
· In this Jubilee Year of Mercy, we pray that through the Sacrament of Reconciliation we may set aside the sin and brokenness that divides us and bring peace to our hearts, our homes, and our world. We pray to the Lord.
· For our community gathered here—that the prayer and support we give to Rice Bowl and our Mission in Latin America may bring us all into closer communion and fellowship with our sisters and brothers in Christ. We pray to the Lord.
· For the hungry and the homeless of our community, for the sick and hospitalized, their families and caregivers; for those needing the strength of the transfiguration in their trials. We pray to the Lord.
· And for those for whom this Mass is offered [name them]. We pray to the Lord.
· Let us pause now and silently offer to the Father our own particular intentions [allow for silence. . .]. We pray to the Lord.
Celebrant: Merciful God, as you answer our prayers, give us the faith and hope we need in this life; help us to be faithful stewards of your mercy; help us to grow in your love which lasts forever. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.