Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Petitions/Prayer of the Faithful for January 3, 2016
Ellen McHugh wrote these beautiful petitions for St. Mary's Church in Painesville, Ohio.
Prayer of the Faithful for January 3, 2016
The Epiphany of the Lord
Celebrant: As we celebrate our coming together for the Eucharist, let us, dear sisters and brothers, approach the one God to voice all our needs.
· Just as the Magi stand for all nations, we pray that the Church may be a beacon of light, hope, justice, and peace for every nation and people on Earth. We pray to the Lord.
· In this new liturgical year, may we ourselves be living epiphanies, giving joyfully to God and neighbor of our time, talent, and treasure. We pray to the Lord.
· For those who work to protect life – human life and all life on the Earth on which human life depends – that they be supported and empowered in their work. We pray to the Lord.
· As we receive you in the Blessed Sacrament today, bind us together, Lord, that we may experience a real sense of belonging to you and to each other. We pray to the Lord.
· May this New Year bring peace and consolation through Mary to all who grieve the loss of loved ones. We pray to the Lord.
· And for those for whom this Mass is offered [name them]. We pray to the Lord.
· Let us pause now and silently offer to the Father our own particular intentions [allow for silence. . .]. We pray to the Lord.
Celebrant: Father, we believe that you will hear and respond to our sincere prayers, asked in the name of your Son, and in the power of your Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.