Celebrant: As we celebrate our coming together for the Eucharist, let us, dear sisters and brothers, approach the one God to voice all our needs.
- That we might understand and share the Lord’s compassion for the sick and dying. We pray to the Lord.
- That we might listen to the words of St. Paul, who instructs those with abundance to share their good fortune with the needy. We pray to the Lord.
- We rejoice with the psalmist, who sings, “Hear, O LORD, and have pity on me; O LORD, be my helper. You changed my mourning into dancing; O LORD, my God, forever will I give you thanks.” We pray to the Lord.
- For racial and ethnic justice and peace in our country and our world. We pray to the Lord.
- That our churches be havens of safety and peace from the violence and hatred we have seen lately.
- For the neglected and marginalized, that they experience human kindness and divine grace in our community and parish. We pray to the Lord.
- and for those for whom this mass is offered [name them]. We pray to the Lord.
Let us pause now and silently offer to the Father our own particular intentions [...allow for silence...]. We pray to the Lord.
Celebrant: Father, we believe that you will hear and respond to our sincere prayers, asked in the name of your Son, and in the power of your Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.