Friday, May 8, 2015
Petitions for May 10, 2015--6th Sunday of Easter
Here are the petitions/Prayer of the Faithful that I worked up for our parish, St. Mary's in Painesville, Ohio, for May 10, 2015. Some children are still receiving First Communion (and some received it last week). It is the month of May--the Month of Mary, the Mother of Jesus. It is also Mother's Day. I tried to keep all this in mind as I developed these petitions.
Prayer of the Faithful for May 10, 2015. Sixth Sunday of Easter
Celebrant: As we continue our celebration of the Resurrection of Our Lord, the Lord of Love, let us, dear sisters and brothers, approach the one God to voice all our needs.
· Help us to realize, as the disciples did in the Acts of the Apostles, that the Holy Spirit blesses everyone, even those outside our church. We pray to the Lord.
· Help us to understand the truth of John’s epistle and gospel: where we see love enacted, we see God.. We pray to the Lord.
· For the First Communicants, and for all of us as we remember our First Holy Communion. We pray to the Lord.
· That Mary, the Mother of Jesus, intercede for us during May, her month. We pray to the Lord.
· For all mothers, grandmothers, step-mothers, and honorary mothers—our first teachers in the reality of love. We pray to the Lord.
· and for those for whom this mass is offered [name them]. We pray to the Lord.
Let us pause now and silently offer to the Father our own particular intentions [...allow for silence...]. We pray to the Lord.
Celebrant: Father, you are the author of love, and we have great confidence that you will hear and respond to our sincere prayers, for they are asked in the name of your Risen Son, and in the power of your Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.