- That in the spirit of Saint Valentine, we all might learn to love and to accept the love of others. We pray to the Lord.
Monday, February 9, 2015
Petitions/Prayer of the Faithful for Sunday, February 15, 2015
Here are the petitions I am working on for next Sunday, February 15, 2015. I try to base them on the readings for the day, for intentions listed by the USCCB, and the needs I see in our local parish and community.
Prayer of the Faithful for Sunday February 15, 2015. Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time.
Celebrant: As we celebrate the Eucharist, the living legacy of Jesus Christ, let us, dear sisters and brothers, approach the one God to voice all our needs.
· With the psalmist, let us say, “.” We pray to the Lord.
· That we may bring our infirmities, mental, spiritual, and physical, to the Lord to ask for healing, if it be His will. We pray to the Lord.
· That we might recognize the great love manifested in Jesus’ healings. We pray to the Lord.
· That on Presidents’ Day we ask God to bless and guide our president and all those who lead and govern. Let them do it in humility, informed by the Judeo-Christian moral code. We pray to the Lord.
· and for those for whom this mass is offered [name them]. We pray to the Lord.
Let us pause now and silently offer to the Father our own particular intentions [...allow for silence...]. We pray to the Lord.
Celebrant: Father, we have hope that you will be moved to hear and respond to our sincere prayers, for they are asked in the name of your generous Son, and in the power of your Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.