To get to Mike's actual blog (and not my reprint), click here: http://mikerivageseul.wordpress.com/
I worked with Mike Rivage-Seul at Berea College from 1982-88. Mike is a former Catholic priest and was a professor at Berea College for some 30 years. Mike is a brilliant thinker and he matches his prophetic writings with action. Below is one of his most recent blog entries (here in the form of a homily). In a way, Mike is still a priest. I hope Mike doesn't mind that I've reprinted his blog entry here.
by Mike Rivage-Seul's Blog
• Going the extra mile
• Generosity with adversaries
• Open-handedness to beggars
• Lending without charging interest
• Love of enemies
• Embracing the “No to war” message of Francis I.
• Making it explicit that our “No” is a matter of faith denied only by those who have (in Paul’s terms) embraced the “wisdom of the world” which is foolishness in God’s eyes.
• Mobilizing our congregations accordingly.
• More particularly, organizing congregations (as a specific response to Pope Francis) to endorse the International Day of Peace (next September 21).
|Comment||See all comments|