Sunday, August 14, 2011

Full Tilt Boogie: My Grandson at One Year

In a few days, my beautiful grandson Colin will be one year old. Yesterday and over night, Colin stayed at our house while his Mom and Dad went to a wedding. I'm so glad they trust Colin with us. All in all, we had a blast. And after a short rest--give or take a week--I'll be ready to do this again.

Colin has 2 speeds: full-tilt; and deep sleep. When he is up, he is up, alive, and at top speed. When he is asleep, the 4th of July fireworks wouldn't wake him.
Colin seems to be interested in everything and curious about everything. I take this to be a sign of intelligence. Of course this could also be taken as a sign that he will drive his parents and teachers crazy. Colin particularly loves music. He loves when I play guitar and claps his hands and dances along with my playing. He also likes my penny whistle playing and squealed along with a tune I played yesterday. He loves to sit at the piano and pound on the keys. Yesterday, he tried to use the piano as some sort of giant drum. He is already a master of the bodhran, my Irish drum. He plays it with the tipper or beater (a wooden drum banger)--which he also bangs on the piano and his doggy "brother," Sandy-the-Dachshund. He also likes to use my bodhran as a foot stool--and so far, the drum skin has withstood his jumping up and down on it.

I love this little guy. He has made my life so happy!

No comments: