Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thank God for Health Care Reform!

It has been so sad to see my U. S. Representative, Steve LaTourette, and my governor, John Kasich, and state attorney general, Mike DeWine, attack our nation's health care reform. I want to say clearly that these people do not represent my views. And I know they do not represent the view of millions of Ohioans. My guess is that they represent the wealthy funders of their election campaigns--but not ordinary working Ohioans.

Already the life of my 25-year-old daughter has been made better by the health care reform--at last she is covered under my own health care policy and she is now able to go to doctors for medical problems. This became a very serious issue for her and my whole family last year when she didn't go to a doctor when she was seriously ill--and endangered her very life. She felt she couldn't afford medical care and put off going for help until it was almost too late.

This issue also affects many other friends and family members. One old friend will at last not be excluded from health insurance because of her Type 1 diabetes. This could easily save her life.

I believe that health care is a human right. That belief comes out of my basic beliefs about human beings and from my Catholic Christianity. Health Care is a human right.

Don't mess with health care reform. Don't repeal it. Don't take it away from us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Decisions have consequences. I am 54 years old. If I decided to retire tomorrow I probably could. I would travel throughout the country. By doing this I would not have any money coming in and probably a lot of money going out. I would not be able to keep my health insurance. And if I got sick it would be my own fault and I would have to find a way to pay out of my own pocket, unless we had national healthcare and then you would have to pay my way.
I find it ironic that a relative that has volunteered their services to our government, a government that is requiring the private sector to provide health care, does not get any kind of health insurance from the government, whilst politicians get all of their health care paid for till their dying days. This is a crime. Why has this not been addressed?
I know there are people who need health insurance, but those that are fit and able should pay for their own policy. Some people decide they would rather spend their money elsewhere than pay for health insurance. This is their right, their choice.
The American people, not corporations, voted for change in November because of the way our elite politicians pushed through a non-partisan health bill. The anger came from people that didn’t like when former speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) told us that we had to pass the bill so we can find out what is in the bill. Or when Senator John Conyers (D-MI) said “I love these members that get up and say, Read the bill. What good is reading the bill if it’s 1,000 pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill”? This sounds like arrogance to me. It was the American people that caused the change in November, not the wealthy funders.
Speaking of wealthy funders do you mean Goldman Sachs, Soros Fund Management, JP Morgan Chase & Co, Planned Parenthood, Service Employees International Union and NARAL Pro-Choice America? I can go on and on. These are all Democrat contributors.
This healthcare bill needs to be scrapped and a bi-partisan bill should re-place it. Believe it or not the other side has some ideas.

Some final and random thoughts:
Why have 733 companies and unions been granted exemptions from the healthcare bill?
Why does Al Gore preach to us about global warming while having one of the biggest carbon footprints in Tennessee?
Why does one Nobel peace prize winner host a State dinner for the President of a country that has jailed a Nobel peace prize winner?
Why do war protests stop when a Democrat is in office?
How come when a Republican is involved in a scandal he resigns and when a Democrat is involved in a scandal he is promoted?