Monday, November 2, 2009

Sign of the Apocalypse: University of Cincinnati's Football Rankings

The University of Cincinnati's football team is ranked 4th in the country in the AP poll and 5th in the BCS poll. Ohio State is ranked 15th in the AP and 16th in the BCS; Notre Dame is ranked 19th in the AP and 22nd in the BCS.

I attended and have degrees from each of these schools. I even played football for Notre Dame (well, "Interhall Football," for Breen-Phillips Hall, coached by Terry McCarthy). I never would have believed that UC would be better in football than OSU and ND. I remember that when I attended UC in the mid '70's, you could have counted the football fans at home games on your hands and toes. You could even get into the games free of charge back then! The current football rankings are surely apocalyptic signs!

So go Buckeyes and Irish. And congratulations to the Cincinnati Bearcats!

No comments: