Saturday, April 18, 2009

Slán Abhaile, Jack Pendergast!

Slán Abhaile, Jack Pendergast!

Jack Pendergast called me today to say goodbye. When I asked him how he was doing, he answered, "I'm on the way out, Bob." I was so astonished I hardly knew what to say. I thanked him for all the genealogy work he has done on the Coughlin family. I promised him I would continue with this work. And I wished him the Lord's blessings.

I don't know how close it is till the end. Whatever it may be, I offer my best wishes to Vicki and Kay, and to all Jack's family and friends ( I know the friends are legion, here in America, in Ireland, and all over). How can anyone sufficiently thank Jack for his work for Irish music and Irish musicians--his work with Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann ?

Slán Abhaile, Jack Pendergast! Blessing on your way home. Go n-Éirí an Bóthar Leat! May the Road Rise to Meet You! And May the Lord Hold You in the Palm of His Hand!

"Keep him, Lord, like the apple of your eye. Shelter him under the shadow of your wings!"

No comments: