Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Great New Car: Saturn Aura

I have purchased a brand-new Saturn Aura, a General Motors, American-made auto that competes with the likes of Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. My trade-in was a Toyota Scion Xb, a decent but ugly vehicle. My Aura is a beauty, inside and out, and gets great gas mileage (33 highway), has a fantastic powertrain, and all the gadgets a man could want. I particularly love the heated seats, perfect for a Cleveland winter, and the remote engine starting. The OnStar system is terrific--a great safety and convenience feature. It can open the car doors if you accidentally lock your keys in your car, make hands-free phone calls, and alert the police in an emergency situation. For the first month I can even download turn-by-turn directions for free. I also love the auto-dimming mirrors, the heated side-mirrors (important in Cleveland in the winter!), the compass, temperature gauge, one-touch up and down for the driver's side window, etc. Most of these features come standard with the Aura (a close cousin to the Chevy Malibu). All this and the price was excellent. This is an American car that can compete with any Japanese, German, or Korean model, for price and quality. I love my Saturn Aura and I hope quality products like this turn our domestic auto and steel industries around!

No comments: