Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Wheels on Fire" by Michelle Zaremba--Now Available

My niece Michelle Zaremba's long-awaited book, Wheels on Fire: My Year of Driving (and Surviving) in Iraq, is now available. I believe it is in-stock in some bookstores and I just ordered it from Amazon at the following website: http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Fire-Year-Driving-Surviving/dp/1555716563/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226589760&sr=1-1

Michelle wrote this book with her friend Christine Sima. I played some small role in the process, doing some basic editing of the raw manuscript. We usually hear about wars from scholars, historians, or generals. Here's a view from the ground--from Michelle, a sergeant in the Ohio National Guard. Michelle is the daughter of my sister Mary Ellen Coughlin Zaremba and Ed Zaremba. Michelle grew up in Brookpark, Ohio, a close-in western suburb of Cleveland, and Valley City, a semi-rural part of Medina County, Ohio. Michelle won the Purple Heart in Iraq and works now as a mediator for the city of Dayton, Ohio.

No comments: