Monday, March 3, 2008

Innsbruck, Austria & Notre Dame


This past year four of my old friends (and their spouses) came to Chardon to help celebrate my daughter Julia's wedding: Tom Heinen, Tim Forward, Chris Cotter, and Mike Gerrity. They joined Coughlin and Kleppel family members and friends for a joyous wedding celebration.

These dear friends and I studied together at the University of Notre Dame in 1966-67, and then in Salzburg and Innsbruck, Austria the following year. We have enough stories to blackmail everyone but Heinen.

The Notre Dame Innsbruck program was an incredible blessing for all of us. We still have many close friends from those years (36 guys in total studied in Innsbruck in '67-'68). I will write about them from time to time (and the blackmail stories are safe with me and will never see the light of day, especially the story about Tim Forward in Obergurgl--unless I am waterboarded).

No comments: